Cesky Krumlov, A day of relaxing while floating down a river!

Cesky Krumlov Travel Blog

Cruising through Cesky Krumlov

One of the 'things to do' in Cesky Krumlov, is to rent a boat and float down the river for a few hours, stopping at "beer stops" along the way. Five of us decided to get a boat together and do just that. It was so nice out and was so relaxing. Since I'm feeling a bit sick, I took it as easy as possible, holding the guys' beers in the water as we floated, to get them cold. Overall, a very nice day in the sun, lounging in a bikini, soaking in the sun in the countryside.

Before the float, Becky and I went to a grocery store to get some food since the little hostel we're staying at has a kitchen. This is the first time in a month and a half that I've actually cooked something and it's soooo nice.

I forgot how much I missed home cooked food. Grocery shopping here is quite interesting and is helped significantly by pictures on the food since Czech is nothing at all like English, unlike German where some of the words are kind of similar.

For some strange reason, I've been craving Mr. Noodle, so I bought the Czech version of that and made it as soon as I got back to the hostel. After a very necessary nap, I made some pasta and spaghetti sauce (thanks for the food, Becky) and had that, covered in swiss cheese. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Around 9pm, a bunch of us went to a bar called the 'Horor Bar', which ended up being a bar in the basement of an old building with fake skeletons, creepy red lights and a bunch of "scary stuff", including an iron gate to the bathroom. It was a, might I say, different kind of bar than I'm used to and a pretty cool place to drink. The bar fits in really well with the town, which looks like most of Europe would have looked like about 400 years ago.

Did I mention I love this town?! Our hostel (Krumlov House, a whopping 10 euros a night!) is quite small and reminds me of staying at someone's cottage. Their policy is "no shoes" so you walk around barefoot through the hostel. It's an awesome place and a great place to meet people and relax, which is exactly what I was looking for! :)

Becky and I loving life!
Becky and I loving life!
Ahhhhhhhhhhh
Ahhhhhhhhhhh
Holding the boat against the shore…
Holding the boat against the shor…
Inside the bar