Arrival of the Momma

Paris Travel Blog

 › entry 77 of 86 › view all entries
I was told to try something other than the :double thumbs up"

Four English, I mean, very drunk English guys decided to come back to the hostel room at 4am and hang out in the room. Meanwhile, four people were trying to sleep (myself included). They had planned to hang out with the girls they brought to the room and were sooo loud until I told them (in as nice of a way as I could muster), that it would be lovely of them to take the party elsewhere. After making a scene, they left and then I could hear them in the hallway yelling and then of one them punched the other in the face. After about an hour, they were passed out in bed and snoring away ...

So I figured this morning all would be quiet but they woke up, still drunk and one of them started dancing around in only a pair of briefs, pretending to be a kick boxer.

kids sailing boats in the park
I had had about 4 hours of sleep and wanted to kill each and every one of them. Needless to say, I was happy to be out of there and on my way to the airport to get my momma instead of at the police station for committing homicide.

We had planned to meet at the arrivals area and had a secondary meeting spot in case I couldn't find her. The flight was late but then people started coming off the plane. I knew she wasn't checking luggage so I was expecting her with the first wave of people. Once I saw a woman with a luggage cart with 5 bags on it and still no mom, I started getting worried. Just when I was about to hunt down a phone and call home to see if she had made it on the flight, she appeared through the doors. OMG I was so relieved. I had never been so happy to see my mom in my life!

Since she had had no sleep and I was slightly hungover with little sleep, we were quite the pair.

Since we couldn't check into the hotel until 2pm, we walked around the city. We started in the Ecole Militaire area, walked to the Notre Dame, went inside, went to Ile de la cite and got some home made gelato, then over to the Louvre to see the pyramide. We then found a quiet park near le place do concorde to have a little siesta. We then walked down the Champs d'Elysee, to the Arc de Triumphe and over to a park behind the Eiffel tower, which has the best view I've seen so far. Afterwards we went to the hotel and then out for some food, the second crepe of the day.

I realized I had left my fleece jacket at St Christophers so we took an hour round trip metro ride to the hostel and luckily it was still hanging up next to my last night's bed. I thought I was going to be down two jackets but luckily this one made it back to me safely!

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
update to come
I was told to try something other …
I was told to try something other…
kids sailing boats in the park
kids sailing boats in the park
Tracy, heres the picture you want…
Tracy, here's the picture you wan…
Ernst and Young ads everywhere in …
Ernst and Young ads everywhere in…
photo by: Sweetski