AsiaJapanNarita

summer festival, airplanes, flowers!

Narita Travel Blog

summer festival

My first summer festival in Japan (Matsuri) and I don't even remember where it was exactly. I've asked my Aunt 3 times for the name of the place but then I also forgot it 3 times. Now, if anyone here recognizes the place it would be great if you tell me where it is! ^^

It was only me, my Aunt and my Uncle who went to that festival. Kenji might have finally realized what a bore I am so he went to see his friends instead! It was a nice summer day and when we were close to our destination, traffic suddenly went really bad. It was also hard to find a parking space but finally we found one.

This festival was located in the middle of the fields. I noticed that a lot of gradeschool kids participated and it's probably a school activity. Some kids worked in keeping the festival clean, and some were carrying the mini-floats for the parade.

the park near the airport
The place was nice because there were lots of flowers and there was also a small river where you can take some mini cruise.

I don't remember the details of this day because the only thing that I mentioned on my diary was that I ate some corn and barbecue. (x_____x) But I really enjoyed it! We left for lunch and had some seriously good steak in Gusto. It's my favorite restaurant in Japan actually! It's where I have eaten the best Hamburg steak of my life (hamburger steak)!!

My feet were in pain because of the shoes I wore and I even had blisters on both of my toes. We didn't go to Narita shrine because of it but we did go to a park near the airport where you can just sit down and watch airplanes fly over you. I can't imagine having some relaxing time there though because of the noise coming from the airplanes. But still a nice cool place to hang out.

plane watching