sayonara japan and the things that i already miss

Yachimata Travel Blog

looks familiar?

It was the day before I left Japan and there's a lot of things that I'm really going to miss, with some exceptions of course like Wasabi and my Aunt. I wanted to remember the places, things and memories by heart and just be plain cheesy.

I went for a bike for the last time and dropped by at Daiso for some last minute souvenir shopping.  I am going to miss this 100yen shop where I have bought most of my souvenir gifts for my friends and family (chopsticks and fans) and the 100yen Purikura where I sometimes had to walk around the shop for an hour and wait for the 13yrs olds to leave the photo booth and have it all for myself.

I took some of my last Purikuras with tears in my eyes... well, not really.

Purikura
.. believe me!  I am definitely going to miss taking Purikuras! What the hell are they, you ask?? Purikuras are photo booths that are very popular in Japanese teenagers. The name Purikura is the shortened form of Print Club, in Japanese they pronounce it as Purinto Kurabu, hence Puri-kura! But Purikura now seemed to long for the Japanese and they like to shorten names a lot, so Purikura is also called Puri. The newer Puri booths are much bigger and can accomodate more people. They also have more features like personal messages, frames, backgrounds, and other sorts of fun designs for your pictures. It's a fun way to entertain yourself! I never really used the stickers onto anything, I just liked to collect them together and keep them.  Many trade their Purikuras with their friends to add more fun to it.
Cheesy!

After spending hours making the most of the 100yen Purikura in Daiso and being watched by a 3 yr old making a fool of myself, I went home with my bike. I liked biking in Japan. Many people use this mode of transportation most especially by students when they go to school or to meet with their friends. The countryside in the small city of Yachimata surrounded with fields of crops and houses is usually quiet. I liked biking in the cool afternoons the most. It relaxes me except once when I biked too long until dark and I went home with itching arms for reasons I do not know.

For dinner we left home and went to the same restaurant we ate at when I have just arrived in Japan. We sat on the same table and the same seats.

And probably had the same food but I'm not so sure of the difference.  I am going to miss eating Japanese food everyday with chopsticks. Sushi, Sashimi, Yakiniku, Ebi fry, Sukiyakidon, Nissin Sea Food Cup Noodles etc.  I can just bike 2 minutes to the nearest convenience store and buy Sushi there, but I would recommend the Supermarkets to have it cheaper.

After dinner, my Aunt wanted to see if the Pachinko parlor is still open so we went there.  I tried playing Pachinko once but I never really got to like it which is a very good thing I must say! Daiso was next to Pearl Tomoe, the name of the Pachinko place, so Kenji and I went there for the last time to take more Purikuras *tears falling down*.

I finished packing when we went home, or at least I tried.

I'm going to miss my room with paper walls that I have used for my advantage in eavesdropping my Aunt's bad talking about me, the earthquakes that happened for 5 times in just one morning (imagine the horror I have to endure), the toilet with warm seat and many colorful buttons that doesn't include flushing, and using the bath tub filled with hot water used by all of us in the house. If you did not get the last part let me try to explain it.. You use the bath tub for soaking only but you do not use the water once and drain it after use, the other people in the house still get to use it too. The water is changed usually once every two days or until the water looks 'unbathable' (if such word exists).  The water is really really hot but even in summer, I enjoyed soaking in it especially when I get to be the first one who use it. In Japanese bathrooms, the toilets are separated in another rooms.

There are so much more that I miss like the places we've visited, the summer festivals, the upside down train, Japanese tv, and so many more I definitely couldn't rememeber them at once.  I have barely improved my Japanese but I am proud of myself I have used my cousin's laptop with no difficulties despite having most of the words and names written in Japanese.

Japan is so wonderful!

darlingwish says:
maganda talaga ako sunstroke, kita naman eh *namumula mga cheeks* hahahahaha
Posted on: Mar 11, 2008
darlingwish says:
yeah i know coopsy, but my crazy cousin wants to annoy the sht off of his mom so he makes the water really dirty after he uses it. hahahaha
Posted on: Mar 11, 2008