bonding wid d cuzins

Yachimata Travel Blog

so adorable, i know!

"I didn't realize (that) this place would be so boring!" .... It's what I wrote on my diary about my first week in Japan.

It really was very quiet around the neighborhood where my relatives live. I liked it at first, very calming and relaxing but then I got very bored because I didnt have much things to do! I couldn't contact my friends because I still have to wait for the internet to be re-installed. I watched some TV but then again my limited japanese wasn't helping. I could understand the words but when they are put together into sentences, I don't know why I couldn't make something out of it and it is just as bad as not understanding any japanese at all!

Before I went to Japan, I really love eating the Nissin Sea Food Cup Noodles and I once ate them every night for one week.

purikura is very addicting!
But when I got  here, after just eating them for three straight morning I didnt want anymore. Whyyyyyy??? I would talk to my Aunt but after a couple of hours, we were just talking about the same stuff and people and it gets less interesting.

My second day in Japan only got interesting when my cousin, name Kenji, came home from school in the afternoon. His mom said that he doesn't really go home that early but he was  so excited to spend time with me. Good, so he'll be terribly disappointed when he finds out that I'm actually the last person on earth who's going to be FUN.

We got on our bikes and Kenji asked me where I would want to go. You see, I only got here and I really have no idea about this area so how about... anywhere? But I didn't know how to say anywhere at that time so I just said I don't know.

me and my cousin, Kenji

I haven't really taken a ride on a bike in years. I don't really remember the last time I did or even the last time I had ran! I was awfully tired already for the first couple of minutes of biking and I was way behind my cousin.  I was running out of breath so I just talked to my cousin to make him slow down and have me catch my breath at least.

I might not have found out his views about world peace, global warming or Bush, but at least I understood him when he said that he still speaks only very little english. Other than that, we didn't get to talk much about anything. I guess after all those years of having my own world in high school, singing japanese songs in class (when there's no teacher of course) and reading a japanese phrasebook instead of our school textbooks, didn't pay off and was quite useless!! But I'm hoping it would come to use one of these days, oh please!

We probably biked two kilometers  until we reached the game center that we went to.

the countryside of Japan.
When I got off the bike, I couldn't walk properly and it was so embarassing because a couple of friends of my cousin's were there. I'm glad they didn't notice I was a bit limping! Kenji didn't introduce me to his friends, so nice of him! I just heard them asking if I was his girlfriend which is kind of cool because that means I still look 14-15! Nyahahaha!

We took some purikuras in the game center and then left not too long after we arrived there. We checked out a couple of stores, one was a second hand store where you can buy used stuff at cheap prices. The second one was Daiso, the 100yen shop, where I found so many interesting stuff and also some nice souvenirs for only 100yen.  And then we took the Hyaku Puri! (100yen Purikura!).

Well, there weren't much things to see in Yachimata.

the 2nd one background is the rainbow bridge in tokyo
I asked if we can go to the shopping center we went to the day before but he said it was too far. I didn't dare to ask him again since I would probably pass out while biking my way there.  After that we biked back home.

After dinner I was able to finally talk properly to my other cousin. His name is Kenneth and is same age as me, only 12 days younger. We grew up together in the Philippines and he moved to Japan when he was 13 so he can still speak Filipino well.  We just talked about our friends, families, and other stuff about the Philippines.  And while we were talking my Aunt comes in and says that Kenji might be jealous because I'm not talking to him which I kind of believed because I wanted to feel special haha. So after talking to Kenneth, I went to Kenji's room and borrowed his PC and asked if he could put some songs to the SD player Kenneth just gave me.

purikura, 2nd day in japan
After that, I said goodnight to him (with head nodding in a japanese way). Hihihi!

Sorry, still no blog about Tokyo, summer festivals or any other cool japanese stuff. It was just my second day! ^^

darlingwish says:
oh yes w-inds! im actually listening to them right now sa youtube, so w-inds days ko r not really over.... oh i love keita talaga... ^^
Posted on: Feb 08, 2008
nekneknek says:
cool. ^_^ hahaha. naaalala ko 2loy ang w-inds day m. ^_^ arg.
Posted on: Feb 08, 2008
darlingwish says:
hi! of course i loooove japan! it was only my second day and i just had no one to talk to much! ^^ thanks!
Posted on: Jan 31, 2008
the countryside of Japan.
the 2nd one background is the rain…
the 2nd one background is the rai…
Yachimata