AsiaJapanNarita

Japan, finally!

Narita Travel Blog

hmmm looks good.

Two days after I came back from Hong Kong I bought my ticket to Japan and then left 5 days later. I really had no clear plans on what I'm going to do but all I had in mind was I was finally going to the country I've always wanted to visit! The not-so-clear plan was I'm going to stay for three months and if I could then I would extend for three more. If I could get a job then great!  Everyone in my family is looking forward to my 'move' to Japan because everyone's worried about me not settling down.  But I actually think I only have 2% chance of really staying there for good. We'll see then!

The flight from Manila to Narita only took just 4 hours but I just couldn't wait to set my foot on Japan that it felt like my longest flight ever!! I was just so excited! So finally I arrived.

my cousin showing off his meal
Didn't take much effort to find my relatives in the airport who live in Japan. So there was my aunt (my mom's sister), my japanese uncle, and my half-japanese cousin. My other cousin who's same age as me was M.I.A. but it was fine. I'll just see him when we get to their home.

It was a rainy and cool afternoon and I felt so happy that I was officially there. I was expecting to see high-rise buildings on our way home but I didn't see any of them except for fields of crops and houses. So stupid of me to think of that! Haha. Of course there's no such things in the countryside. The airport was a bit far from the city. The house where my relatives live is not that far from the airport and my first impression of the neighborhood was cool. It was soooo quiet and I just thought, "Hmm.

yey! my first meal in Japan
I could relax here! Shouldn't be so bad."

We dropped off my luggages, took a little rest and asked my cousin about Purikuras. He showed me his Purikiura with his friends and I was so excited to finally be in a place where I know people who are freakingly insane about it. They are just so cute and it's my top 2 reason why I always wanted to go to Japan (top 1 I dunno, I just made the top 2 thing up).

Then we left to eat out. My first dinner in Japan isn't so bad too. We had my favorite Tempura and also some Sashimi. They let me try Sashimi and I was really not looking forward to it since I'm not a fan of raw meat but I tried it anyway. And I actually liked it but still wasn't ready to eat them all up or I will puke.

ok stop taking the pictures now, we're busy eating
That would not be a good memory for my first day here!

After dinner we went to a department store and there I found some Purikura booths. I wil mention Purikura a lot in this blog since I am so fond of them I had to take lots all through my stay in Japan. Me and my cousin took a shot and it was really a bit akward talking to him. But we still managed even though we are having some language barrier difficulties.

We drove to a Pachinko parlor after that (named Tomoe Pearl or Pearl Tomoe. will check the next time how it really is). Do you know what it is? Well, Pachinko is like a video slot machine where you can lose and win huge amount of money.  You will either get rich or get broke when you're into this thing (like any other gambles) but most likely you're gonna get broke.

the first of my many purikura in japan
Instead of coins or chips, the Pachinko machines uses small metal balls and it gets really really noisy inside! I found one small metal ball rolling about on the floor and kept it with me as a remembrance (only I dont remember where it is now!). One small metal ball really doesnt have any value, one box will get you about 5000yen (50$). In a box there could be about.... i dunno, 13000 balls??  So that one metal ball is about .0000yen$$$??? I dunno. You do the math, I dont care hehe.

My Aunt was hoping we could find my other cousin there but she didn't find him. I don't think she really mind if her son is hanging around and gambling there since she and her husband are also Pachinko freaks.  My cousin, the one who was with us (I will start using their names next time), was waiting outside because he is still a minor so he is not allowed to go inside the Pachinko parlor.

photo stickers = purikura!!
He told me about this 100yen Purikura (they normally cost 400yen.. about 4$) he found nearby at Daiso (100yen shop, most stuff are only a hundred yen) and so we went there and took two purikuras.

When we got home, we found my other cousin standing at the door and I was so shocked with what he looked like. He had this long shaggy hair with highlights, really huge muscles, sharp pointed boots, tight shirt and some fashionable jeans. He and I grew up together and I'm only 12 days older than him. It's been about 3 years since the last time I saw him and he changed a good deal lot. We didn't talk yet because there were a lot of akwardness swarming in the air at that moment but I was hoping it will be gone in days.

The rest of the night was spent on some talks, tv and I dont remember much (this wasn't on my diary so really my memory is quite unreliable).

Glad I finally made it to Japan. =)

darlingwish says:
oh thanks! i cant wait to go back there as well!
Posted on: Feb 26, 2008
BlaqueCat says:
Great blog and photos! I can't wait to head to Japan (one day... :D )
Posted on: Feb 26, 2008
darlingwish says:
hahaha ah those v signs! i just love them! hahaha
Posted on: Feb 17, 2008
yey! my first meal in Japan
ok stop taking the pictures now, w…
ok stop taking the pictures now, …
the first of my many purikura in j…
the first of my many purikura in …
Narita