The tower strikes again..

Paris Travel Blog

Today was the second time I have tried to get to the 3rd level of the Eiffel tower. The first time we just went to check prices. The second time I went it was windy, cold and raining, so the 3rd level was closed. I took the Metro to the Louvre and walked there in the rain and cold so I was pretty pissed.

So I then decided that I would go to Notre Dame so I started walking again all the way there. It never stopped raining and the sun never came out. When I finally got to Notre Dame I went inside to warm up. I spent a good amount in there taking pictures and such. The architecture is awesome. The only thing I didn't like was that they were selling souveneirs (rosaries, coins, etc.) inside the church, blasphemy.

Anyways I walked all inside then went outside again, against my own will, but I didn't feel like taking very many pictures. Outside there were more shops for souveneirs so I went in a few, looked around, and bought a couple of things. I hadn't eaten much so I stopped my a stand outside a diner and bought a chicken and tomato sandwich, which are very common here. I was trying to sit down at a small table next to the stand and the frenchie told me my order was to go only. I'm starting not to like the frenchies! I had to walk and eat in the rain again, so I wasn't very happy.

I walked to the nearest metro station and took it back to La Defense where I am staying and ate some sandwiches and chips I had bought close to the hotel. I called my friends to let them know I had arrived at the hotel ok and they invited me over but I was too wet, cold and tired to move, so I declined. I took a shower and fell asleep, what a day!

sylviandavid says:
Good blog.... Rain can dampen the spirit, can't it...
Posted on: Feb 09, 2008