Paris Travel Blog

Today I decided to make the third and final attempt to get to the top of the tower, I wasn't going to let it conquer me! This time I took the Metro all the way there and walked a lot less, I should have done that yesterday. Today was sunny and not as cold, a big difference from yesterday. When I got to the tower there was a helicopter taking off but I didn't have time to pull out my camera and take a pic. I wonder who was there. There were a lot of people standing around the area where the helicopter was, so it must have been someone famous or important. Anyways, I got to the North column and read the sign, YES, the 3rd level is open!

So I got in a huge line, aparently a lot of people didn't get to go on the tower yesterday either. But the line was moving quickly. I bought my ticket and got on the elevator. It stopped on the 2nd level and we had to change elevators to get to the 3rd level. We finally got to the 3rd level and it was very cool. I took a bunch of pictures, so it was a good day.

Then I went back to the hotel and called my friend and they invited me over for some coffee. Then we took the Metro to Sacre-Coeur (Sacred Heart) Basilica. It's a big cathedral at the top of a hill. There were LOTS of steps to climb but we got some good pictures I think. We went inside but there were signs all over the place that said not to take pictures so I didn't. There were older frenchie ladies keeping watch that no one took pictures. Then we went back outside and there were people sitting on the steps singing.

After that we went to the Moulin Rouge, had to go there.. It was a very seedy part of town with lots of adult shops and establishments. I didn't go inside Moulin Rouge, I just wanted to take some pics outside. So then we left and took a wrong turn and got a bit lost. Then we took the Metro back to my friends house and they cooked a very nice dinner as a going away thing.

I guess we should have gone to the Moulin Rouge first and then the Cathedral, you know, to sin and then confess instead of confess and then sin, oh well.. (we didn't really sin, or just by being there, is that considered a sin??)

sylviandavid says: