A Day In Croydon

London Travel Blog

Today we had a training session in one of our other offices in South Croydon (besides Devonshire Square we also have offices in Fullham and S. Croydon). The area is not that great from what we have heard from several people.

We got our instructions on how to get there via the tube yesterday so we took the Aldgate station to Moorgate and the Moorgate to London Bridge station which is where we got the train to East Croydon and then we took a black cab to South Croydon. Kinda complicated but we managed pretty well.

We had an all day training session on some software our company uses. It's based in Colf Fusion but the details are pretty boring so I won't go into that. The training went well and we were treated to lunch so it was a very good day.

At the end of the day we found out there was a South Croydon tube station so we got directions on how to get there. It is fairly close to the office there so it wasn't that hard to find. We then took the S. Croydon tube to E. Croydon to London Bridge to Moorgate to Aldgate and now I'm dizzy again..

We got to the hotel to drop off our stuff and it was a long day so we had dinner and then went back to the hotel to crash out. We have to rinse and repeat the day tomorrow.

Today we had more meetings at our office in Croydon. The tube/train rides there and back were kind of far but not too bad. I guess I'm kinda getting used to all the walking.

We had lunch at a nice Thai restaurant, the food was pretty good. It was kind of weird cause it looked like a typical English pub and there was only one oriental looking lady working there but the food wasnt bad.

For dinner we went to an Indain place close to the hotel and the food was good. We happened to run into the owner of our company there and had dinner with him! What a coincidence, it was a pretty cool evening I must say.

photo by: ulysses