Cusco city - last day? :)

Cusco Travel Blog

children are always sweet. I like the puppy too :)

Finally sleeping in a confortable bett. Nobody waking you up at 5am! Taking a great warm shower and as much time as you want... So good! ;)

After having a delicious breakfast, Matt & me went to downtown. Today would be our last day in Cusco. So we wanted to explore the city. We haven´t done it properly. We were also missing Sacsayhuaman and other near Remains. We started walking around the main square - which I love :) - and suddenly recognized 3 people walking across us.

Hey! Our Dutch friends were there!!!!! I recognized them. :) Same as us, that was their last day in the city. They were just walking through the city looking for souvenirs and enjoying their last day. We agreed to meet later for party time! Next morning they were flying to Lima around 10am and around 10pm they had to fly back to Amsterdam.

Our flight to Lima was scheduled for the same day earlier. The plan was meeting them at the airport in Lima and just hang out until was time to fly back home.

Anyway, Matt & me visited went to Sacsayhuaman, Q´enco, Koricancha and visited some museums. All was included in the Cusco Ticket we bought before doing the Inca Trail. We also visited the churches and the Cathedral.

We had dinner with an aunt and I spent some time with the family. It was so great. Although Cusco is not so far from Lima, I´m not able to spend much time with them.

At 10pm, we met the guys. So, the group was together again!!! We were at the main squares and there are many pubs there. There was free entrance to the clubs before midnight. Once you went inside, they put us an stamp and gave us a free drink. So we decided to "collect" stamps until midnight, hahaha. At midnight we had free entrance to different places and had a blast. Ron didn´t want to dance at first, but after the shot of vodka+whisky, everyone was in the mood for dancing, hahaha. I promised them to visit them back home, but they didn´t believe it until... I was in Belgium! But this is another story and part of another blog. ;)

We had an incredible night. So much fun. Well, I shoud be honest and said I missed my flight next morning, oooops!  Mmmm,  it´s a shame there are no pics from that night. Or maybe is better this way? hehehe

children are always sweet. I like …
children are always sweet. I like…
photo by: Vlindeke