Chiclayo - a warm and friendly city in the North :)

Chiclayo Travel Blog

map of Lambayeque

Well, we flew from Lima to Chiclayo, which is the biggest city in Lambayeque. It’s just a 50min flight. I have already looked for accommodation. We arrived at the evening and went straight to the hotel. We left our stuff and went out to walk around the city. It was my first time there too, so it’s was new for both of us.

Chiclayo is located in the middle of a desert, so the weather is warm and dry. As all the cities in Peru, it has its Main Square with a Cathedral built by the Spanish during the Colony. We visited different churches and walked around the crowded streets. Chiclayo is a commercial city. All the products from the East come through Chiclayo and also they have an important harbor.

People were  friendly and always wanting to help. We were walking around and thinking about what to do the next day. I was sure I wanted to visit the Pre-Inca Ruins and move at night to Trujillo. So, we went to a travel agency in the square asking them for a tour during the day and a bus ticket to Trujillo. The drive wasn’t long. We had our flight tickets back to Lima leaving from Trujillo in La Libertad.

the Cathedral