NYC- A Week to Reflect

New York Travel Blog

NYC 2008

Done a lot of thinking about NYC in the week I have been home in good ol Gibsonton Florida.

25 hours on a train without a sleeper is the MAX!!!  I enjoyed the train, I saw things you never see from a plane or the Interstate,  I napped, I drank  Train Trip Toddies in the Cafe car, watched "310 to Yuma", talked to unique & different travlers, there was 4 finger Frank headed to the veterans  hospital for a check up.  Looked at parts of a couple of books that there were to be no test on.  Watched some laptop tv when I was close to a town.  It is a very different pace on the train, if you are in a hurry to get someplace this is not the way to go, you will be upset!  If you can live with- I'll be there when I get there & having fun no matter what happens the train is great.

Dave's Tavern
  People watching at its BEST.

NYC
 I am  very glad I went, had a GREAT time.  Walked till my legs hurt, applied BenGay walked more.  My list of important things to do & see are very different  than most. I wanted to see snow, not this time maybe the next  trip North.  I like the simple things like a drink at Dave's Tavern talking to a business man  was playing hookie from work.  Tried to find a leather backpack for 25% of the internet cost, no luck but big fun, only really got cussed once.  Loved the parks.  I tried some very different foods, I was the only person with a fork, but I was hungry.  The street vendors are in a class by themselfs.

Everyone was nice to me, answered questions, helped me to find my way.

I liked NYC very much to visit.  Every one has their place, where they are suppossed to be until that place changes, then they are at their place there until the next change.

So I am back to my place

PhinsAndGills says: