Ă–stersund

Ostersund Travel Blog

Jamtli
So, this time last week I was on my way to Östersund, Sweden. It's a small city pretty much in the middle of Sweden and sits on the shore of Storsjön. It started out as a city way back when it was a market town. In the city, they have an open-air museum with old buildings depicting lives of farmers from all over the area throughout time. The museum is called Jamtli and they just happen to have a hostel on the grounds. So of course we stayed there. Very nice quaint hostel even though it felt like Nico and I were the youngest ones staying there. Just a word about the hostels in Sweden; they have a much higher standard than usual so it's hard to be let down! Anyway, we spent the weekend walking around the town and just relaxing. There wasn't much to do there but just that. Östersund also has the legend of Storsjöoduret, the lake monster. He is said to live in the 300 feet deep lake. We did spend some time staring at the lake trying to find the monster of course. But if you ask me, all the pictures and drawings of the monster resembled Nessie, the lochness monster, quite a bit. Anyways, we didn't see it. That's all the excitement from the Östersund trip!
lonlee2 says:
Ohh, monster hunting! I don't think I've heard of Storsjooduret before.
Posted on: Jul 22, 2008
Storsjön
Storsjön
crazy zombie lookin horse!
crazy zombie lookin' horse!
entrance to jamtli