EuropeSwedenUmea

spring has finally come!

Umea Travel Blog

around 7:30 at night
Spring has finally come to Umeå! After complaining about never seeing the sun, it's now been out every day for over a week. The days are getting longer around here too; I've found that I'm not sleeping much at all. It's bright before 6a.m. and it gets dark at about 9.30 now. The sky here looks different too; it's a clear pristine blue all the time. It's insane. It's hard to find an upset person in this town right now. Just walking to the grocery there are people lounging about reading in the sun, having an afternoon beer or bbqing. Not much interesting has happened lately for me. Just spending a lot of time outside. Swedes are funny though. The last week it's been about 55F most of the day. Most of them haven't gotten the memo that it's spring. A lot of people are still walking around wearing heavy jackets, scarves, hats and mittens.
path at nydala lake
It's entertaining to wonder why they're still wearing all that stuff!

The only interesting thing to happen lately is I went to the sjukgymnast(literally means the sick gymnast)-a.k.a. the physiotherapist. I found out I have a small tear in the ligament in my knee. It sucks, I know. But you may be wondering 'how did she hurt herself?' I've got the lamest story ever for that. About six weeks ago I got up to turn off the light in my room and walking back to my bed I was trying not to trip on my internet cord. I didn't trip but I successfully managed to ram my knee into the bed post and scream obscenities in my room at 3 in the morning while trying not to wake my neighbors. That's my story, I didn't hurt myself chasing a thief or anything cool like that.

Well, that's about all I've got for now. This weekend I'm heading down to Ostersund for a couple days just to walk around and explore. I'm off to go read in the sun!
nydala