Shop Till You Drop...

Bangkok Travel Blog

Today was our day for serious power shopping and food.  I had one full day of shopping lined up before I left on my trip to Siem Reap.  The day got off to a good start as I was able to enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the hotel.  This was served on the roof of the hotel which overlooked the small, but very swanky looking pool.  Wish I could have breakfast like this every day.

Following this, we scooted off to a number of department stores, Central, Robinsons, and Paragon.  We had visited a number of shopping malls during the day and I was eager to head off to the Siam area which had three-four MASSIVE shopping malls in a row that were all pretty much inter-connected.  As much as I LOVE shopping, I have to say that I think Bangkok is the only city that I have visited where I can get actually sick of shopping because there are SO MANY shops......although I shouldn't complain as I have a serious shoes and handbags obsession (not unlike many other girls I know) and Bangkok has the best range of cheap shoes ever for a small footed person like me!  I love bagging a bargain and in Bangkok, shoes costing 199 baht (equivalent approx $6USD!) sends a massive adrenalin rush coursing through me!!!  The best shoe binge I've been on has been 5 pairs of shoes in one shopping trip.......but I won't bore you all with my shopping exploits........  :0)    There endeth the travel blog for today.

Postscript - dinner this evening was at a restaurant called Vertigo which is an open air rooftop restuarant at The Banyan Tree hotel.  Beautiful views at night of the city of Bangkok and the food and service were exceptional.  This was an expensive restaurant, but definitely worth it.  I have been to a similar restaurant called Sirocco a couple of times before which is very similar.  SIrocco is a little better as it also has live music going on on the domed rooftop which is pretty specatcular, however it happened to be booked out on this occasion.  If you are able to, would highly recommend you treat yourself and your tastebuds to Vertigo or Sirocco, and definitely if you appreciate good food and wine as I'm sure you would not be disappointed by the selection available.
photo by: halilee