This shy girl seeing Chi-town =)

Chicago Travel Blog

Sears Tower

Rise and shine sleepy head.. oh so nice to wake up on vacation and not have to worry about waking up late for work.  Up out of bed we went partook in a very light breakfast as my uncle wanted to take my mom and I to one of his favorite places in Chinatown for lunch.

We jumped into my cousins little Scion car (he was sweet enough to let us use it for the day) and we journeyed to downtown Chicago.  We drove and drove, and man was it gloomy lookin'.  Goodness, it was so dark and cloudy it was only obvious what was coming next.. for those of you who even tried to guess.. Yup, it was rain. Rain, Rain and more Rain.  Grrrr.. well that can't be good, how am I supposed to enjoy my city sight see venture?  I can't let a little actual rain drop all over my parade.

haha.. j/k not really a parade, I'm exaggerating.  Lucky for us, it only rained the whole time driving to China town, looking for parking, running like mad to the the entrance of the restaurant, and half way through enjoying our lunch the rainfall had stopped.  Yippee.. nice right?  Yes, i thought so.

My uncle who loves loves and I mean loves to drive (being a prior owner of a taxi business in the Philippines), we did a lot of driving past things.  He showed briefly Northwestern University (which was cool because at the time my cousin, fellow San Francisco native was coming to a close in finishing her master's degree there, she graduated May/June 2006 not sure exactly when it was but my sis and other cousins came for that, that's why she wasn't in for coming along with mom and I) or one of the campuses, I'm not really sure, hard to try and decifer exactly what that was he was zooming by.

Mom and me at the Navy Pier
  I did see purple flags though =).  My uncle really wanted to bring us to the Navy Pier, so that is where we went to next.

The Navy Pier, pretty great place.  I always enjoy a little shopping where ever I go and so does my mommy.  So we did, mostly souvenir type things to bring back home.  We took a few pictures here and there. We didn't get to do any fun games or what not at the Navy Pier, not even that ferris wheel thing (i hate ferris wheels anyways.. like seriously with a passion.. haha I don't know what's wrong with me), or a cool boat or cruise ride seeing Chicago on Lake Michigan waters.  I'll have to do that next time I'm in Chicago, probably when I get to plan the trip myself.

After the Navy Pier we went to the Millenium Park, pretty awesome park might I say.

Lake Michigan
  My favorite part about it was the Cloud Gate, it's pretty awesome.  You will know why if you see it, and if you need to touch up your make up, check your teeth for any stuck spinach and you don't have a mirror, walk right up and voila!! hehe just kidding.  It is a beautiful concave sculpture that is beautiful inside and out.  66 feet long and 33 feet wide. Wow huh!

After all the picture taking we drove around and around.  Picked up my aunt from work and made our way to the restaurant where we would be having dinner with family.  We talked, and laughed and of course took pictures till that time came, end to a fabulous night.  The family was nice in encouraging us all to go home and get rest because we would have a long day ahead of us come tomorrow morning.. The beginning to our road trip to Niagara Falls.

We packed up our things, as we would not be returning to Chicago after Niagara and New York.  Sleepy time came again, and again it was difficult to fall asleep..

View of the city