Plenty to see in the good ole NYC

New York Travel Blog

New York's Museum of Modern Art

We picked up one of my aunt's friends who lives in Jersey who would be showing us around a bit.  It was so nice of her to offer.  Even more great because she works some top notch bank in Manhattan that we got discount to entrance fee into New York's Museum of Modern Art.  Gotta love that free discount.  It was so cool, I saw pretty interesting things.  I took a few pictures.  Somethings that I took were the sculptures, paintings, partial paintings or what not.  Whatever caught my eye. =)

After we left MoMa we drove around.  I'm glad I had already visited New York, because wow, my uncle sure does like to drive by things.  Haha, I even have a funny little story that everyone could not stop laughing at when I said it in the van that day.

We driving rather swiftly of course and I noticed my surroundings, and announced to everyone that the St. Patrick's Cathedral would be coming up soon on our right hand side.  We were at the stoplight and I can literally see the cathedral at an angle view.  I thought we would turn right so that we could at least see the front of the church but yeah nope.  Straight ahead they said, well not really.. he just drove.  Haha too funny.  So by the time we we were crossing the interesection I said again "There it is, the St. Patrick's Cathedral," and someone said "Oh yeah, where?" then I said, "Oh, oops too late it's gone."  Everyone started busting out laughing, even my uncle, it was true though too late, we drove right by and it was out of sight within seconds.
   I understand though, it's hard to find parking and it is difficult for my grandmother to go in and out of the van.

We then made it to Times Square where my uncle decided to let me and my mom out to take a few pictures and buy a few things.   And that is what we did.  We we right in the middle of Times Square when someone tapped us on the shoulder.  Just so happens they were promoting a new Nokia phone (I don't remember which model it was) but they were taking pictures of random pictures of people that sign the waivers.  Mom and I said sure, signed the form and by Nokia cell phone our picture was taken, printed and put on the big Nokia Theatre screen.  It was so cool.  They told us it would be about 3-5 minutes and our picture would be up there.

Uncle,Mom and Grandma
  So we waited and when it was up there we got so excited I took pictures of it.  =)  And then people sitting or posting around that area said behind us "Hey that's them on the screen" and we turned to them and giggled.  Felt like a celeb for that quick minute, haha and then the moment was over, we walked to where my uncle had found parking and it was that time to jet out of the city.

We were then brought to Liberty State Park.  To see the Statue of Liberty from an angle I had never seen before.  Last time we actually went to Liberty Island and took picture after picture as we got closer and closer to Lady Liberty.  This time we were on the other side, the Jersey side,  the rear side of the Statue of Liberty.

Interesting, eh?  Still nice to see though.  Next time I'll bring my mom to actually see her on the island.  =)

It started to get pretty dark, so we decided to think about dinner.  We fed our hunger and headed back to the hotel.  Or what we thought would be heading back to the telly.  From the restaurant, I'm almost positive that we were probably about 15 to 20 minutes tops away from the hotel.  But yeah .. NO!!  For some reason, we got lost and lost and more lost.  I couldn't even count anymore how many times my uncle put money in to cross those tolls.  Too funny it was, up until the point where the soda and water I drank from dinner started to catch up with me.  Darn right?  There was still a bit more of getting lost till we finally found our way.  Talk about in need of a GPS!!  Next time I will know better.

Back at the telly to do our final packing.. Next time I will open my luggage will be back home.. eeks.. lots of stuff to pack between my mom and I.

New Yorks Museum of Modern Art
Cute little section in a painting
Cute little section in a painting
Hehe cute
Hehe cute
Another interesting section in ano…
Another interesting section in an…
Thumbprint