Visit to Chicago just in time for my Uncle's b-day

Chicago Travel Blog

I have had family from my mom's side that reside in Illinois for quite awhile.  Chicago area and maybe slightly outside of Chicago.  Suberbs I guess and people would say.  So when my mom asked me if I would like to accompany her to Chicago once she gave me the dates I turned in my request which was quickly approved based on my adequate amount of PTO in my bank.  We booked the flight, and as soon as we knew it May 18th had arrived.

Not much preparation was required as we would be staying with family in Chicago.  Also,the family I would be voyaging by car with had some sort of hook ups on hotel accomodations in Niagara Falls and New Jersey (where we would stay when we visit New York) so I'm cool with that.  No stress, I love it.  Almost like Princess treatment while vacationing.. NICE.

We arrived in Chicago in darkness.  Probably not too late, 9pm or so.  But by the time we made it to one of my relatives houses it seemed soooooo late, they fed us and sent us on our way and they said, "go get some rest, I'm sure you must be tired, we'll see you tomorrow" and it sucked because I was still on California time so I wasn't tired.  Especially me being such a night owl I don't get to sleep till 1am, 1:30am, 2am at the latest (that is usually the time I think to myself.. "Sheesh, go to sleep got work tomorrow.. damn i going to be so tired at work.. hopefully I have time to get coffee" haha yeah believe it or not occasionally my train of thought does follow that little path).  So when we left the house making our way to my uncle's place where we would be staying for the next 2 nights.

I got ready for bed, even though I didn't really want to, chatted a bit with the fam, and they told us to get some rest because we would be going around the city tomorrow.  I listened to my iPod and i guess eventually fell asleep.  There wasn't a TV in the room we were staying in so I couldn't watch anything.  No biggie.. nighty night!!

Chicago