Prague

Prague Travel Blog

In front of the Castle

I love this city!! I have been here twice now and could never get sick of it. My first experiance was in 2005 with my friend Michelle. It was my first time to Europe, so I was so excited.

The accomidations are very nice and affordable. We stayed at  the Best Western Kampa that is right on the Vitava River. They serve breakfast which is good and it is quiet in the area.

Everything is walkable in the city and the cable cars are great and inexpensive.  Old Town square is the main city center where you will find the Astronomical Clock that rings at every hour and puts on a great display where everyone claps when it is done. Take a walk across the Charles Bridge which is lined with Saints. Make sure to touch the St. John of Nepomuk because it is believed that once you touch it it will bring you back to Prague. Once you cross the bridge go up to the castle. It is a steep walk up a hill so we took the cable car.

The food and nightlife are great here. If you do eat in the city center be prepared to pay more.

Tips: Pay with cash if you can because they do not like you to use credit cards.

Nice cafe