tour of cape trib, port douglas, daintree river

Cape Tribulation Travel Blog

scaaary

Today we were taking a day tour of Cape Tribulation, Port Douglas, and the Daintree River. We had to be outside of the hostel super early to get the bus and start the tour. It was awesome because we were all reeeally hungover..We left Cairns and drove for an hour or so, probably more..to the Daintree River Cruise area, were we were going to be going on some sort of crocodile tour. Oh and before that we stopped at a truck stop or somethin and I bought a egg and bacon sandwich and a powerade. Heres a hint people...egg/bacon sw + powerade = instant hangover cure.

the place we got on the boat
For me anyway, I felt heaps better after that.

The cruise was like an hour, the tour guide was pretty funny except I think he was making fun of us..Being on the cruise reminded me of the movie Lake Placid haha, except it wasn't a lake and this wasn't America and we didn't get eaten by crocodiles. But we did see one! There was a massive crocodile named Scarface on the side of the river. It was huuge! We only saw the one though, it woulda been sweet to see 2 fight. Ahh well. It was still pretty sweet to see a wild croc.

After the river cruise we went to some park I can't remember the name of. We all got off the bus and the lady told us some information and then we saw a cassowary! It was crazy looking, almost like it came right out of Jurassic Park or something haha. Apparently this is like the first time shes ever seen a wild one while on a tour.

us on the boat, eeek
Coool. Then it ran away, ah well. We walked through the park and saw some crazy messed up plants. We were in there for like..half an hour maybe?

After the park we went to..Cape Tribulation? I am so bad with remembering this stuff haha. We walked through this path and got to the beach, which was GORGEOUS. holy crap, soo beautiful. We decided to take a bunch of sweet jumping photos, as you do, which inspired a whole whack of people on our tour to copy us haha. Then a bee chased us around. We went back to the hostel place that we had stopped at and had some lunch, fish and chips..soo yummy.

We left there and on our way to Port Douglas we stopped at some random lady's ice cream shop where she makes delicious kinds of fruity natural ice cream so we all bought some and it was SO good. Then we went to Port Douglas, which is the cutest little town ever! Also full of rich people apparently. We had like 45 minutes to wander around before heading back to Cairns. If I lived in Australia and was rich I would definitely want to live there..

On our way back to Cairns we stopped on the side of the road when we saw some dude going freakin hang gliding! So we all got out of the van and watched him do it, it was pretty sweet. Then we went back to Cairns, had some food and hung out with our roomies for a bit, didn't do tooo much because we were still a bit ill and SO tired.

theres scarface
so pretty
so pretty
cute
cute
this is where the dude went hang g…
this is where the dude went hang …
i wanna do that