The start of our east coast trip!

Cairns Travel Blog

view from our balcony

Yay finally the start of the east coast! This was one of the things I'd been looking forward to all year. We stayed at Gilligans hostel in Cairns, which is an amazing hostel, I recommend it to everyone. We had a 8 bed dorm that had an ensuite bathroom and our own balcony! I looved the balcony. We woke up pretty late today and then got ready to go out and explore Cairns. It was SO hot. Like 35 degrees, ahh I miss it. We walked down the main street, went into some random shops, then went and found somewhere to eat. We eventually decided on a cute little cafe on the Esplanade, right across from the lagoon. Had pretty good food there as well.

After brunch we went back to the hostel to change and then went for a swim/tan at the lagoon.

gilligans pool
It was SO nice. There were heaps of people there, which was good..nothing better than people watching! We layed around there for a while before we got too hot and went back to our lovely air conditioned room. Before we got there we bought ourselves a few bottles of passion pop.

When we got back we met our roomies, a couple English girls and a Irish girl. Aaaand a craazy old man. A crazy smelly old man who grinds his teeth and snores like a mo fo. We would find this out later on in the evening..We started drinkin and chattin with our roommates. When it got dark we realized that our light outside was broken! So I for some reason decided to lean over to ask the people in the balcony next to us if theirs was broken too, and it was. And then I made a silly silly mistake and told these 3 Irish guys to come to our room and drink with us. At some point Linds and the Irish girl went to the bottleo to get more bottles of passion pop. Heres a lesson, never got get more passion pop..it is ALWAYS a bad idea..

We drank on our balcony for a while and then went out at about..midnight maybe. We went over to a bar called Woolshed, which was really fun and we stayed there for a bit and then me and Steph went back to our hostel. Lindsay came later..

esplanade