that rock i saw..

Alice Springs Travel Blog

beautiful

This morning I had to be ready to go at like 6am for my tour of Uluru. I was afraid that I would be alone on this tour with a bunch of old couples..which would be fine..but the tour guide told me he found me a friend, and I ended up sitting next to a girl about my age from Edmonton! It was pretty awesome.

The tour guides on the emu run tour were great, they were really funny! We made our first stop at a random truck stop area. We met a nice older couple from guess where..MAPLE RIDGE. SO random. The drive to the National Park was pretty long, like 4 hours. The Outback is really depressing I found..so much red, so little water..coming from British Columbia, mountains and water are very important to me! We got out at the Kata Tjuta place. Looked at the rocks, heard some sweet old stories. Then we moved along to Uluru. It was so big! We walked around part of it and heard some crazy stories the aboriginese had about all the different parts of the rock. Pretty interesting stuff. So red.

After we walked around there for a bit we went to the tour area where we were going to watch the sunset and have dinner and champagne. It was really beautiful, everything was soo red! Sometimes its nice when its not so hot..The dinner was really good too. It was awesome. Then we drove the 4 hours back to Alice Springs. It was a pretty sweet day. Very rushed but good. We didn't get back to Alice Springs til about midnight.

linandvin says:
haha that rock you saw! you get so mad when i say that
Posted on: Feb 02, 2009
lovely_lori88 says:
wow thats crazy that they were from maple ridge!!! i can't believe you didn't know them lol
Posted on: Jan 06, 2009