a fantastic day at the races!!

Melbourne Travel Blog

love this photo haha

I had been excited for this day for ages! Well, since we bought the tickets. The Caulfield Cup, the first of the major races of the Melbourne Spring Carnival. Woohoo! Me, Donna and Steph left at around 10 and went to Dan Murphys to get some champagne to bring to Kate and Ana's place. We looked pretty ridiculous with what we were wearing when we walked in there! I was halfway gone before we even go there. We bought 3 bottles for pre drinking, and got to their place at about 11. Everyone looked so good! I drank a bottle and a half before we even got to the racecourse.

We took a taxi there, and there were heaps of people there! Everyone looked so fancy..so many dresses..We had to wait ages in a line to get a tag that proved we were above 18. Then we had to wait ages in a line to buy alcohol.

pretty ladies :)
We got bought a bottle of champagne each and a vodka drink. It was awesome except that then I felt obligated to talk to them even though they were a bit strange. Ah well..I don't really remember much of the day after like 12pm..It was awesome! I don't recall ever seeing a horse though. Ahh well..it was still a fantastic time! One of my favorite days of my whole year. I met so many people and got so many awesome photos!

We left at about 5pm so I've been told, and we went back to Kate and Ana's and bought Chinese good. or Thai. or Vietnamese..something like that. We stayed there for a while and I really wanted to go out with Crysilla except my phone died and noone would let me borrow theirs..and there was no way I was gunna go out that drunk and not have a phone. Ah well it was still a great day!! Everyone that visits Melbourne in October/November HAS to go to one of the races during the Melbourne Spring Carnival!! Its the best.

Me, Jules and Kate
Me, Jules and Kate
me, Will and Jules
me, Will and Jules
me and crysilla
me and crysilla
will, yellow girl, donna, and me!
will, yellow girl, donna, and me!
Melbourne