Yay Sydney!

Sydney Travel Blog

richard and the flag he gave me:)

So I woke up at about 8am and chilled out on the patio with the family. I really did not want to leave but I already paid for my flight and my hostel nights. Sisi made me an awesome breakfast, including a piece of toast with vegemite so I could try it...I'm not a fan but if I keep eating it I'm sure I'll like it..They were all renting a boat with a bbq on it and going down to the water and fishing all day and drinking beer. They kept bugging me not to go but I had to! They were telling me that Sydney was shit and Brissie was the best city in Oz. But 11:00 rolled around and Sis drove me to the airport. But before I left Richard gave me their big Australian flag to take home. They're so nice! It was sad saying bye, but not that sad because I know I'll go back and see them all again.

their cute puppies!
I got a couple group photo's so that was good.

I got to the airport about 40 min. before my flight only to find out that it was cancelled! But there was another flight to Sydney at 2 so it wasnt a big deal. I got on the plane and was sitting next to an older man who bought me a muffin and we started chatting and turns out he's the CEO of a company based in downtown Sydney and he offered me a job there as a receptionist! He also offered to drive me to my hostel, and after talking to him for a while I decided that he wasn't crazy. After getting off we went to his car, an Audi parked in the valet parking...not bad. First we went to his office on George street, it was really nice, right in central Sydney. Then we went to the second office(where Expedia had offices) on Pitt street and I helped him move a table from the 12th floor to the 4th floor, which isnt as easy as it may sound.

sis and the boys
Then he drove me around the Rocks so I could see the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, thats really cool when you see it for the first time! Then he took me to the hostel and I got there at about 7.

The hostel is SOO nice, the nicest one I've ever seen. If you go to Sydney stay at Sydney Central YHA! It's awesome. So clean. I went to my room then went downstairs and bought some internet. As I was walking away someone asked me if I was from Vancouver(I had a canucks shirt on) and we got to talking and then I hung out with him and the 2 girls he was with and these 2 English fellows. Then we met another girl and all played some Kings Cup before going over to the Side Bar at the Wake Up hostel. It was not bad but I was pretty tired from getting only 3 hours of sleep the last 2 nights so I went to bed at about midnight.

Ape says:
Sounds like a great time! I stayed at the WakeUp when I was in Sydney, had some good times in SideBar ;) ScuBar is nice too!
ottielisa says:
Sounds like you are a very lucky girl!!:D:D:Dhave fun!!
mikevirgo0824 says:
Hey Melissa, great luck on the job offer! WOW!
me and the boys
me and the boys
opera house!
opera house!
Sydney Hostels review
This hostel is awesome! Its more like a hotel but with dorm rooms. Its soo clean and well looked after and has everything you could want in a hostel. … read entire review
Sydney