Touring around Sydney

Sydney Travel Blog

yay the real world!

Today I woke up pretty early I guess, about 8am. Got ready to go and then Nick and I decided to do some walking around Sydney. First we went to an Asian mall and I bought a blueberry muffin. Then we walked up to the Opera House and went in to see how much it would cost to see a show there. Turns out its really expensive! $65 for crap seats where you can see half the stage and $100 for the next shittiest seats. After there we walked around the Rocks, its a really nice area! Then I decided I wanted to see where the Real World was filmed, which is at Darling Harbour. We walked over there, its such a cool area! Theres a lot going on, lots of shops and people and evil sea gulls that take your food right from your hand! After walking around there for a bit we finally found it and it was very exciting.

nick, jake, jamie and emily having pizza
I took many a photo. We walked past this massage place and these Asian people ran up and said we needed a massage and we said no and they said they'd give one to us for free, 60 seconds. So we got free 60 second massages and then left. Not a bad deal.

From Darling Harbour we walked right up back through Sydney and wandered around the city center for a good 3 hours. It was good fun, got a good feel of the city and saw a lot of it, yeah maybe it was mostly the same stuff we saw but still. Sydney is a nice city, its huge though! Everyone is always dressed in fancy suits having power lunches. Pretty intense stuff. Good times though. We went back to the hostel at like 3ish and I went on the computer for a bit, kind of bummed around the hostel. Its a good place to bum around.

sydney from darling harbour
That night there was an aussie BBQ on the rooftop with hot dogs and a pop or beer for 2 bucks so I went up there and had one. I met some other Canadians up there and talked to them for a bit, everyone I meet here is Canadian! or English, so far I have yet to meet an American. Wierd. After the rooftop BBQ I headed back downstairs and met up with a bunch of people and we all went down to the scubar because apparently monday nights in sydney scubar is the place to be. There was a long line but because we were staying at the YHA we got past it and it was soo packed down there! We didn't stay long, but long enough to see 2 stupid girls take their shirts off for money. After we walked over to a little pizza place for a slice and then went to bed.

yay the real world!
nick, jake, jamie and emily having…
nick, jake, jamie and emily havin…
Sydney