Rod Laver Arena tour

Melbourne Travel Blog

lindsay and the queen vic market.

Lindsay is a huge tennis fan and I went to the Aussie open earlier in the year so I figured it would be pretty cool for both of us to go do a tour of Rod Laver arena. We took a tram into the city and I showed Lindsay my work first. I said heyo to all my work buds and then we had some lunch..yummy chicken parmas and chips..delish. We stayed there for a bit before making our way to the stadium.

The tour started at..3 I think. Yes, 3. It was pretty cool, we got to see all different parts of the stadium, got some really cool photos. And the tour guide was really hot haha. We got to sit in the place where the press conferences happen after the matches! Pretty sweet. Then we went into the actual stadium, it was really cool except that it didn't look like a tennis court because they were changing it to hold a concert.

my favorite burger man
Apparently they do all sorts of crazy events in there, like swimming championships, Disney on Ice, music concerts, dirt bike championships..and other things. Pretty sweet. We also got to walk through the hall of champions or whatever its called, with the photos of all the Open champions. After we left we walked and took photos imitating all the people that have their pictures next to the tram stop..thats how cool we are.

We went after to my work again when it was less busy so I could say bye and get pictures with my bosses. We talked to them for a bit and then met Donna and some of her moms friends and then we went to Southbank to their hotel and had some snacks and then met some more friends and went to a really nice restaurant in Southbank and had some Sangria, it was delicious. Me, Linds and Donna left earlyish and got some really nice photos with the city and the river at night.

lindsay and a big half tennis ball
lindsay and a big half tennis ball
sweet.
sweet.
lindsay and rod laver
lindsay and rod laver
entering through where the players…
entering through where the player…
our guide haha