Pride of Airlie Day 1!!

Whitsunday Islands Travel Blog

Today we had to check out of our hostel at 10. KOALAS. thats what its called, I just remembered. We had gone out the night before and didn't get back til veeery late...I hadn't packed or showered yet and it was freakin like 9:15 and I was freakin out, I shoved Linds and Steph out of the bathroom so I could have a shower(I was later informed there was another girl waiting to use the shower..oopsies, she probably thought I was such a bitch!). I ended up getting to reception just a little late, but there was a big line anyway..and Linds and Steph were already up there. Ahh so stressful. So anywho, we stored out stuff at the hostel and wandered around for a bit. We had to be at Morocco's Bar at like 1 for our orientation sorta thing for the Whitsundays sailing.

We met all the people that would be on our boat and got our goggles and snorkel and our roommates. Ours were our Swedish friends from last night.

We had to be at the dock at like 2 or 3, can't remember..but before we went there we went to a corner shop to buy an underwater camera woooo. Then we walked to the dock, which took aaages! Geez they did not warn us it would take that long. Then we got there and we had to wait AGES for our boat. Gah it was so annoying. When it was finally our turn to get the talk from our guide lady she told us info about the boat and what we'd be doing and the rules and whatever. Also, everyone on the tour had to write their name on their foot in sharpie, this was so if we woke up with someone and we couldn't remember their name we could just look at their feet.

goo team canada :)
We fiiinally got on the boat at like 3 or 4 and just sailed directly to the island we were staying on, South Molle Island.

We got shown our dorm rooms and told about the resort on the island. We were all off on one side of the island and we had our own bar and everything, it was pretty sweet. We weren't supposed to go to the main resort part and make noise later on at night because people pay a lot of money to stay there they say. We were allowed to use all the non motorized activities, like the pool and the golf course. We went to our room for a bit and then went to the bar...aaand we were the first ones there! Boo. Ah well we bought jugs of cocktails and beer and just started drinking. Eventually everyone else came and we all got our food, pretty average tasting..After dinner we all reorganized the tables and played a drinking game, well..a few drinking games. We played one where we had to skull our drink and then put our cup on our head..that ended in some beer in my hair. It was pretty fun though, then we stopped playin the games and everyone started dancin and whatnot. Me and Steph went to bed before Linds, as per usual..but we thought it was pretty late. Not so much apparently haha, oooh well.

team fuck you.
team fuck you.
whenever you said mine you had to …
whenever you said mine you had to…
steph, me, kyle and jenna!
steph, me, kyle and jenna!
linds, me and stephen
linds, me and stephen
we played drinking games..
we played drinking games..
Whitsunday Islands