Merimbula

Merimbula Travel Blog

Wednesday

Me, Amber and Steve woke up later than everyone else and decided to walk to Woolworths for some groceries, which was like a 15 minute walk away. Nick and Angela woke up early and were already done. When we got back we had some lunch and then went to the beach. we were told that down the beach there are wild kangaroos so we decided the check it out. Well, it was so not just down the beach! It took us a good hour and a half to walk all the way there. We asked some people where to go and eventually got to the right place and it was so worth it! It was in a campsite and there were kangaroos everywhere! They were just chilling out in peoples camp sites. One family had one sitting right with them and they gave us bread so we could feed them, it was awesome.

mmm nesquick and scrabble
We pet the kangaroos and walked around for a bit. Another family said the kangaroos were their alarm clock and came into their tent in the morning! After we were done we headed back to the hostel. Me, Amber and Angela needed to get back by 6:30 because Neighbours was on:) I am now addicted to that show. I also went on the computer for a bit with my free IEP card:) After Neighbours we watched some more TV and chilled out. We decided to watch Jackass 2 but then the Italian Job came on so we all watched that instead and on commercials played trivial pursuit:)

Thursday:

Today was not a nice day. The weather was pretty iffy so no beach today. We all decided to wander around the town for a bit, use the internet and whatnot. We went to a lolly shop and I bought gobstoppers and a warhead...delicious. We had some lunch afterwards and then walked back towards the hostel. But on the way back Amber, Steve and Nick decided to jump off the bridge. It took them a while to get the guts to do it, but eventually they did and I took one for the team and took a video...plus I wasn't wearing my swimmers. It was pretty funny, then we went back to the hostel and had some food, played some trivial pursuit and watched TV. Yay Neighbours again! lol. We chatted to some people in our hostel for a bit and then I had a shower and then me, Angela and Amber played scrabble...and I won:) We had to get up early to catch a 6:30am bus so I went to bed.

us on the beach