Melbourne to Lakes Entrance

Lakes Entrance Travel Blog

lakes entrance common area

We all woke up and had to check out today and we all were sooo hung over it was ridiculous. We went to Mackers for breakfast and then chilled at the hostel for a while, watched You, Me, and Dupree in the movie room. Steve, Angela and Amber decided to come with us for our coastal trip. We left for Southern Cross Station at like 4:45 and got there in about 20 minutes. The bus for Lakes Entrance left at 5:45 and we all got on it. We met a young Aussie guy from Eden and chatted to him for a bit. We got to lakes entrance at 11:30 and checked in to our hostel. The beds were sooo comfy! I had an awesome sleep.

Monday:

Me, Amber and Angela slept in for a bit and then went to go get groceries at IGA, the guys were already up and had groceries.

our sweet pool
We bought a bunch of groceries and then went back and had lunch. We were pretty tired so we just lazed around the pool for quite a while and did not do much at all this day. The pool was really awesome though, I had a lot of fun. We also wandered around the town for a bit. Steve bought a cricket set for 10 bucks. We all made our own dinners that night and I watched my first episode of Neighbours and I am now addicted, such an awesome show. We walked up to the main part of town later on to see what was around. Not much is what we found actually. Steve bought some beers for himself and I had some McDonalds. We sat there for a bit and then went back to the hostel and went to bed.

Tuesday:

Pretty much the same routine here, just chilled out. Walked around for a bit. We decided to check out the 90 mile beach and they brought the cricket set and some beach cricket got played.

more pool
I like cricket actually, which surprises me. We tanned at the beach for a while and then went to get some foods. We wandered along to all the different cafes and eventually settled on one. I got a vanilla coke and it was awesome! I love vanilla coke. mmm. We went back to our hostel and lazed around the pool for a while more. I was getting really dark which makes me really happy. We went to the common area after we got too hot and made some food and watched some TV...neighbours again! :). Then we randomly saw some girls we met in Melbourne pull up in an oz experience bus! It was awesome. They all went out for dinner and we decided to go play some cricket in the park. I suck at bowling but I like to bat. After that we sat around for a bit, wandered the town, bought a couple beers and sat on the docks. We caught a bus at 11:30 to go to Merimbula. We arrived at 3am and the managers had put a key in the mailbox for us and we found our room upstairs and went to bed. We had a room all to ourselves, which was pretty sweet.

lovely_lori88 says:
your blogs awesome!! miss you!
Posted on: Jan 31, 2008
Ape says:
Hey Melissa, I'm really enjoying your blog so far! What are your plans after Lakes Entrance? I'm busy finding work in Brisbane, then on to New Zealand :) Hope you have a great time!
Posted on: Jan 30, 2008
waiting for our bus
waiting for our bus
Lakes Entrance Hostels review
Small town backpackers
This small is located in Lakes Entrance, very close to 90 mile beach. I haven't heard of many people doing the trip between Melbourne and Syndey but I… read entire review
Lakes Entrance