MCG tour!!

Melbourne Travel Blog

big.

So I've been to the MCG a couple of times during footy season to watch matches and thought it seemed pretty cool, so I decided to make Lindsay go on a tour with me. I can't remember how much it cost exactly, but it was pretty cheap. We got there mid afternoon I think, but the tours leave like every 15 minutes so it doesn't really matter. Oh actually, we got there almost before the last tour so I guess it does matter, make sure you get there before the last tour..There were only like 6 people on our tour as well, me and Linds, 2 old men from India and a middle aged British couple. ie 4 people who know heaps about cricket, then us who were there for the AFL stuff.

The tour guide was super nice and we started off by going right to the ground and workin our way back up.

On the way he told us a bunch of info about the ground and its history(it has a LOT of history..) Really interesting though. It was SO cool walking on the actual grass of the freakin Melbourne Cricket Ground!! We took heaps of photos before heading inside. We got to go inside the change rooms and all that jazz. It was sweet because we went to the Hawks room where they were for the Grand Final and there were still remnants of what was written on the white board after they won. One thing said a time and then said 'Fed Square and then underneath it said Crown Casino. So cool.

We went into the Members area too, which was preeetty fancy. I wish I was a member/still lived in Melbourne..The tour was like an hour or a bit more maybe but it was SO cool. So glad we did it. After we went to the MCG store and I bought some sweet souvenirs. Afterwards we took the tram back to my house for the last time ever :(

cooool
cooool
cricket stuff
cricket stuff
some sexy people have sat here.
some sexy people have sat here.
the dressing rooms
the dressing rooms
bathroom. SO exciting
bathroom. SO exciting
me and my favorite city
me and my favorite city
lindsay and my favorite city
lindsay and my favorite city
all the shit thats gone down in th…
all the shit thats gone down in t…
Melbourne