Last Day in Cairns

Cairns Travel Blog

more lagoon

Today we were a taaad hungover. We had to check out at 10 but our bus wasn't til later on in the day. We stored our bags at Gilligans and went over to hang out at the lagoon. We sat around and people watched for a bit, read a bit of our awesome white person book. It was really hot again and the lagoon was SO packed, there were soo many children. We went back to get our bags a bit later and had to walk up to the bus stop. It was the hardest walk ever. We walked SO slow and got ridiculously sweaty. It was bad news. We got there a bit early but we waited around and finally got on the bus. next stop..MISSION BEACH wooohooo.

It was a pretty uneventful bus drive. The trip wasn't too long, only like an hour or so. Maybe 2. We walked to our hostel there, which was really close to the bus stop. It was called Absolute Backpackers mission beach.

our bus
We check in and it was SO crazy, the couple that ran that place was the same couple that ran a hostel I stayed at in Narooma in February!! So crazy. We went back to our room and put our stuff away and then went to sit by the pool. I said something to the couple about how I stayed at their place in Narooma ages ago, and told them they drove all the way to Merimbula to get us because our bus drove past us and they totally remembered me! They are SO nice, my favorite hostel people..haha. After the pool we went up to the Woolworths to get some snacks and food for our rafting trip the next day. Then we just pigged out on unhealthy stuff and played cards and read from our sweet book and went to bed.

the death walk