its Halloween baby!!

Cairns Travel Blog

YAY halloween woohooo. In the morning/afternoon we went to the lagoon for a tan and swim and then got back and had to figure out what to wear for halloween! We were told where the local second hand shop was so we went over there and bought ourselves some cowboy hats. Also, our roommate sean didn't have a costume, which so wasn't gunna fly. We made him come with us and tried to get him to pick out a ridiculous outfit but he couldn't find one. Loser. We had a lot of fun looking around the stores actually, its always fun even at home wandering through Value Village.

We got back to our room and got ready to go out. We weren't too sure what to expect because Halloween isn't a big deal in Australia, but most people that would go out would be backpackers..Anywho, our roommates were dressed up! 2 girls from Switzerland, they went as 'witches' or girls that were wearing torn clothes haha.

lovely self timed shot
But it was awesome. We drank for a bit there, it was awesome. Me and Linds and Steph all dressed like hillbillies haha, so Maple Ridge..

There was a big party thing going on at the Gilligans bar that was free before 10 so we went down there..and NOONE was dressed up. We looked like fools, but it was awesome. There was the odd girl dressed like a ho and a couple people had cat ears, one guy was wearing like a scooby doo outfit or something, but other than that people looked at us like we were crazy. Ooh well we had a few drinks because it was 2 for 1, sat around there for a bit and then went to the Woolshed. It was waaay better there. There were heaps of people dressed up! We had sooo much fun. There was a big group of footy guys from Sydney we hung out with for a bit. Also I saw some other dude dressed like a hillbilly..and it turned out he was from Port Coquitlam!! Smaall world haha.(Poco is like 20 minutes from my house). We stayed there for a while, drank tooo much, then went back. But before we went back we had some sweet spring rolls. One of the best nights of the east coast trip!

hehehehe
hehehehe
we saw some people get into an acc…
we saw some people get into an ac…
lindsay and jessica