Day 1 in Hobart!!

Hobart Travel Blog

salamena markets

Yay we got to Tasmania! We arrived in Devonport at like 6am and from there drove to Hobart. We stopped like halfway through at a little town to get some food at the bakery. Yummy yummy pies. We kept going after that to Elle's house. Everything in the car did fine and didn't fall on me, right til the end..right as we pulled into the driveway a whole bunch of shit fell on me haha. It was fine though, nothing too heavy. We got all of Elle's stuff out of Sam's car and I stayed there with Elle and he went home. Elle's house was so nice! It has a view of soo much..that I don't know what its called..

After we got ready to go out again we went down to the city and went to the Salamenca markets.

We picked up Chloe from her house and she came with us too, also Elles little brother Jackson came with us. We wandered around there for a while, it was really cool. We saw some wierd ass shit though..Bought some delicious fudge too. And candy. We spent an hour or so at the markets before the days next activity! haha.

Next we drove up to Mt. Wellington to see some snow. It was so high. It took quite a while to get up there but it was awesome, Elle wouldn't let me look at the view till we got all the way to the top. When we did, it was soo cold. Good thing my mom mailed me a touque haha. We walked around in the snow for a bit, silly Chloe was wearing flats! Her feet looked sooo cold! We went to the lookout up there too and looked out all over Hobart.

We drove back down the mountain and next went to Richmond, which is a cute little historic town, sort of like Port Arthur apparently, but we couldn't go there because it was too late in the day already.

me and the bridge
First we went to the Richmond bridge, apparently one of the oldest in Australia. We layed around on the grass there for a whileWe did go to the Richmond gaol which was really really cool. Elles sisters Jade and Rani met us there too. It was really fun. So much history there, kind of scary at some places, we went into the places where the prisoners were kept in solitary. Creeepy.

We got ready at Elles house and I didn't bring very nice stuff so Elle decided to dress me up in her clothes, which I was fine with haha. After we were ready we drove down to Chloe's house, where Jackson and Rani were going to hang out and watch the footy. Me, Elle, Chloe and Chloes friend went to a restaurant in the city called, Taco's I think. We had really yummy jugs of drinks and had actually pretty good Mexican food.

After dinner we went over to another bar..which was pretty funny. There are some funny people that go to that bar apparently, me and Elle had a good chuckle people watching. We didn't spend too long there before we met Sam and his mates at another bar up the road. We stayed there a bit, mingling and whatnot..before going to another bar not too far. Apparently nothing in Hobart is very far from anything else. The next bar we went down some stairs and it was alright, there were heaps of people there and I met up with a couple girls I met in Fiji in January which was good. We stayed there til maybe 3 or 4 when Elles lovely mother came and picked us up and drove us home. It was a pretty funny night with all the people watching. Hobart is funny.

creeepy