Back in rainy Sydney...

Sydney Travel Blog

Thursday:

We woke up at like 8am which was really fun. Nick and Steve were soo hung over it was funny, Steve was bitching about EVERYTHING it was soo funny haha. We left the hostel at like 9:15 to walk to the bus stop. The ride to Sydney was a couple hours, not too bad. We got there and then wandered for a bit trying to find some food. I asked the travel agent about bus tickets to brisbane and flights to thailand. Me and Steve took a train to Kings Cross where our hostel was and Nick left to find his buddies flat. When we got to Kings Cross it was raining SO hard it was nuts I was so mad, I thought I left all the rain behind in Vancouver! Grr.

jolly swagman backpackers
.anyways, I called the hostel and got directions and we walked there and got absolutely soaked. The place seemed kind of cute though, had a good atmosphere. Me and Steve were in different rooms. I went up to mine and chatted to my roomy from Germany for a while. Later I made myself dinner...well i made myself noodles in a cup and bought a coke. Steve went out to meet up with some people he met in Melbourne and I stayed and watched tv, I didn't want to go all the way to central in the rain lol. But then I met some people at the hostel and everyone went out to the World Bar so I went too. It was a cheap night, didn't cost me a thing. Free beer! Love that. Got back at like midnight and watched some of the wedding crashers then went to bed.

Friday:

Today! Hmm, had to check out at 9am which is an early check out time holy crap! One of the girls in my room came in at 7am and went to bed and snored so freakin loud I couldn't get back to sleep.

view from the sydney tower
Left the hostel at about 10am and me and Steve wandered around for a bit. I did my errands, dropped off my backpack at IEP, changed my flight date at the Air Pacific office. Booked my hostel in Byron Bay and my bus ticket as well. Now I'm at the IEP office and am thinking about switching computers...oh nevermind someone just took the empty one. This one doesn't have a thing I can put pictures on but every other one does dammit. Hmm. I'm taking a bus to Byron Bay tonight and get there tomorrow morning. Hopefully the weather is better than here! Internet is free here, I want to make my Fiji blog soon! Hmm. I met up with Steve again and we wandered for a bit, went up and took some photos at the opera house and the harbour bridge. We walked back up to Central Station, but first I picked up my bags at the IEP office.
sydney tower
Central station is far away when you have 2 fairly large bags! Not cool. I went on the internet again and then went over to my bus stop and said goodbye to Steve. I'm now starting another leg of my trip! The bus left a little earlier than 6:45 and we were on our way to Byron Bay...haha that rhymed! It was a very very long bus ride. 14 hours. We got to Byron at 8am. On the bus I met a couple cool people, a girl born in Israel and lived in China since she was 10! and an English guy. The girl sitting infront of me on the bus was ridiculous, I couldnt sleep because she kept moving her seat and being lame. Oh well.

melissak says:
haha thanks! i stayed at the jolly swagman backpackers. thanks, byron is awesome so far!
Posted on: Feb 09, 2008
Ape says:
Hey Melissa, love the blog! Which hostel did you stay at in the Cross? Have fun in Byron!
Posted on: Feb 09, 2008
sydney tower
that woman is made of peaches!
that woman is made of peaches!
Sydney