Back to 'Reality'

Melbourne Travel Blog

So, after a pretty long flight I arrived back in Melbourne and took the skybus to Southern Cross and found my way to my hostel. I hadn't talked to my family for a while so I talked to them for a bit and then went to my room. My friend Marj is also in Melbourne and I decided to take the train into the city and meet up with her. She was working at Peter Pans travel agency, outside handing out flyers. I talked to her for a while and then went to the IEP office to apply for some jobs online. is a pretty sweet site for that. Afterwards I went over to Woolys and bought  some groceries. Woo. Trying to be healthy as I was just told by my mom, sister and brother that I looked like I gained weight!! As well as a crazy man on the street that looked at me and said 'fat pig' Can you believe that!! I was so shocked and then angry. Oh well, afterwards just went back to my hostel and watched tv and then went to bed at like 6 lol.

Woke up at like 12:30 the next sad. I had some toast and yogurt and then got all ready to go out and apply for some jobs. But then I got sucked in to the living room at my hostel, applied for some jobs online..then sat and watched movies all sad haha. But I did get 2 interviews that day! Woo. Went to bed earlyish as I had an interview the next morning at 10! So exciting.

Today I had an interview at SBM Marketing in Hawthorn at 10am, but I had no idea how long it would take me so I left at like 8:30...turns out it only takes like half an I sat playing tetris on my phone for 40 minutes before heading in. I had an interview and the guy seemed pretty impressed with the fact that I've done some travelling and have worked in customer service for a while so that was sweet. He told me to come in tomorrow at 12 until like 8!? Crazy long time. And its also my birthday tomorrow..oh well, I hope I get the job so I can start earning some money. After the interview I walked up and met Marj, we had some lunch and then I bought some clothes for working. And some shoes for working. Afterwards met Marjs friend and went to St Kilda and had a snack and sat on the pier. It was a beautiful day today! Also, at Flinders station a guy tried to sell me something but I wasn't old enough? But then I started talking to him and it turns out his company is recruiting and I gave him my resume and he said they'd call me in the next couple days. Then when I was sitting here watching TV I got a call from another place I applied at and I have another interview on Friday at 1! I also have one that day at 10:30! And on Saturday I'm moving to an apartment with a girl I met in Bangkok whos flatmate has gone to the UK for 6 weeks and she says I can stay there for free!!! Woo. Now I'm doing laundry

photo by: jendara