Istanbul for the 3rd time this trip

Istanbul Travel Blog

On the way back into Istanbul, we had meant to cross the Bosphorus Bridge, but instead got on the wrong road and ended up at the ferry dock at Harem. Since we were there, we took another ferry across the short distance to Eminonu, right next to the Galata Bridge. We got a great tour of where the Bosphorus and Golden Horn met again, and it was better than driving in traffic anyway. After leaving the ferry, I missed the turnoff to the Galata Bridge and ended up going up to the Ataturk Bridge, which was not really out of the way, but I got to drive in more heavy Istanbul traffic. By this time of the day, the traffic didn't faze me at all and I delivered everyone safely back to the hotel!

For dinner, we started walking toward Istiklal Caddesi, but at the Taksim square, we got intercepted by yet another friendly Turk, who suggested we not go to the touristy restaurants on Istiklal but go to one near by, owned by his friend! On a whim, we agreed. The restaurant was back in the direction of the hotel, and was not touristy for sure, the food was not super, but not bad either. It was definitely cheaper than what we would have to pay otherwise.
photo by: Memo