Not so fine day

Vlaardingen Travel Blog

water under the train station
I got out of bed a little later today than was planned. I thought if I go with the car in stead of the train I could lay in a hour longer. Wrong choice. It is raining all day today and not rain as normal, but buckets at a time.

I was driving to work and at the moment I had to take the exit there was a lot of water on the road and I started to glide. I tried to brake, but because I drive in a Suzuki Alto, there was no ABS. I had a choice to go head in to the crash barrier or turn the wheel. I did the last. Now the right side of my car is kinda f*cked up. (Car is still in the parking at my work, when I get there I will make some pictures of the car and upload them). My car still worked so I drove to work. I was almost there and I had no injuries.

I came at work and couldn't concentrate and my back started to hurt a bit. So I thought, it's maybe time to go home. I went to the bus stop (not going to drive home) and started my journey home. On the way home it was still raining. When I arrived in Vlaardingen Oost I went down the stairs and saw a lot of water. I thought that I had to swim to get outside. My shoes are wet now :-P

On my walk home I saw that there was a lot of water under the train station. I always have my camera with me so I took a couple of pictures :-)

I know that some people who would read this had worse problems with rain, but this is the worsed I saw in years (over here).

water....