Kinzo "Paasraces" @ Zandvoort

Zandvoort Travel Blog

Snow in front of my house
A while ago a friend of mine (Ron) got free tickets to see the "Paasraces" (Easternraces) in Zandvoort. Today was the day!

This morning my alarmclock woke me up at 7 and I reset it to 8:15. At about 8:30 I went from my home to the trainstation Vlaardingen Oost. I stepped out and I saw snow everywhere and I thought "What the hell?". I took some photos and walked to the station. When I was at the trainstation I got a call from Ron and he told me to go home again. He forgot his wallet and in his wallet were the tickets. He had to go home so we had to take a train an half hour later. I went home, got a cup of coffee and waited until ik was time to go (again).

So now it was the second time I arrived at Vlaardingen Oost and I saw that the Kiosk was open.
What do you think?
I said to myself "I need batteries and stuff". So I went in the Kiosk and bought batteries and stuff... After that I went up to the platform and waited until the train arrived. I was freakin' cold. In the train I met up with Ron and we went to Schiedam Centrum after that to Haarlem and after that to Zandvoort.

We stepped out af the train and followed the biggest group of people we saw. When we arrived at the circuit of Zandvoort we got in the line. When it was our turn the girl there told us we had to exchange our ticket for other tickets... so we did. Did I already mention it was freakin' cold? After the whole ticket exchange thing we went inside to go to the racetrack. We saw to cars and the race was over.
Kinzo paasrace 2008
So now we had to wait like 30 minutes for the other race.

Finaly the race started and it was the Suzuki Swift race or something. I didn't mention it before, but I don't like cars or car races. I own a Suzuki Alto because it is cheap and it brings me from A to B. I took some photo's and made some movies and now it was time for coffee. I went in the freakin' line and order a cup of coffee (after 10 minutes then). I got a cup of piss and it cost 1,50 euro. Give me a cup and I will fill it for free.

After being 40 minutes at the circuit we decided to go to the beach. It was a 5 minute walk. We walked there a while I took some photo's and we went on to the next best thing. There was a Centre Parks in the neighbourhood.

Centre Parks, a state of happiness. Well f*ck that. I was there and I wasn't happy. We went to a "fast" food joint (Burger Billy) and ordered some food. After 30 minutes of waiting Ron went back to the counter to ask the person behind it where our food was. We got our food and yeah... food hmmm... The state of happiness still didn't came.

After the "meal" we went to an arcade hall there and played some airhockey (both matches I lost) and some pinball. Now it was time to go home. We went to the trainstation, got in the train and went home.

All with all I had a lovely day. Had some laughs and now the sun is shining. The son of a .....
Kinzo paasrace 2008
Lovely wheather
Lovely wheather
Ron @ Zandvoort
Ron @ Zandvoort
You can take an AXI from Zandvoort…
You can take an AXI from Zandvoor…
Ron reading the paper