Ferrari & Maserati factories

Bologna Travel Blog

The next morning, we made our way to the Lamborghini factory hoping that there would be a Museum. Our hearts sank when they explained that it was by appointment only. But to our delight, they quickly found that a couple of other people had made an appointment for five minutes later and said we could join them. As they did not turn up and we had a personalised informative fully-escorted tour of the museum and factory. By the way the produce 1.5 cars a day.

Then on to the Ferrari factory at Maranello where arrangements had been made for the visit. Started off at what we thought was the Cavalino Restaurant but when the bill came it was pittance ... as we were so hungry we rushed into the Cavalino Bar entrance instead. But it was interesting to see the assembly workers knocking back red wine during their lunch breaks. Health and safety reps would have a field day here!

Our escorted tour through the factory was led by and English-speaking guide whose job was to solely lead the groups through (rather than someone who lives and breathes cars). Was not as informative as at Lamborghini due to the larger group. Surprised at the very relaxed manner in which work was carried out.

They make about 17 cars a day. Our visit included a stop at the Galleria Ferrari (the museum).

Overall, we enjoyed the Lamborghini visit by far because it was unexpected and felt that they had gone out of their way for us. No snobbishness about having to be an owner unlike at the other factory.

alexchan says:
Supposedly one has to be an owner to get visit to the Ferrari factory ... I went with an owner so no probs there. We fluked it with Lamborghini. Actually I know nothing about organising these two visits ... good luck :-(
Posted on: Apr 28, 2008
forumsnowchick says:
I enjoyed reading your blog. I am going to Italy this summer and would like to go to the Ferrari and Lamborghini Farctories. How would I be able to arrange a tour for myself? Any suggestions? Thanks Andrea
Posted on: Apr 26, 2008