Day Thirteen - Auf Wiedersehen to Germany!

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Auf Wiedersehen!

We woke up and after a quick breakfast using up the last of our food, we cleaned Arvie to perfection and headed back to McRent.  Betty again came in handy, taking us directly to their office.

Turning Arvie in was rather uneventful after an initial confusion was cleared up.  Paperwork finished, we bade Arvie farewell and loaded into our cab for the airport.  The short ride there was reflective, for me anyway.  Usually I can’t wait to hop on another flight regardless where it’s going, but I really would have enjoyed staying longer.  All the same, I suppose I need to get back to work to pay for my next trip somewhere else.

We had a great flight back to the states, landing in SFO a few minutes early.  Derik’s flight home departed before mine, so we walked to his gate, said goodbye and then I went back to the Red Carpet Club to wait for my flight.  Very long story short…my flight was delayed and then finally cancelled outright.  Fortunately I had protected myself with a seat on the next flight.  Meanwhile Derik’s flight had a problem closing a door and so they had to offload and board a different aircraft ��" a process which made his flight several hours later as well.  Not really the most relaxing way to finish a long day of travel, but it still felt good to get home at the end of it all.

Now I can rest up for my next journey.