Another Day...

Orlando Travel Blog

A beautiful Audi

Not a lot of excitement today but it was still a great day with great weather in Florida. Checking the weather in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (home) we learned that they were expecting 4-6 inches of snow and it was freezing. Needless to say, we much rather enjoy a day of rest and relaxation in Florida to shoveling snow any day!

So what have we done in the last 24 hours? Easy. Yesterday was mostly spending 8 hours at a sports bar to watch the football playoffs. It was great to spend some "down time" with family while watching the game. However, after sitting 8 hours on bar stools, your butt really starts to hurt! LOL It goes without saying that I was happy when the game was over.

St. Augustine Lighthouse
.. even if the Packers did not win. (Sorry Greg!)

Then today it was off to the car dealership. What?!? Car dealership while on vacation?? Yep! My uncle is a car salesman so it was nice to look at cars without the hassle. We didn't buy anything but it was nice to look at the cars either way and finally realize that although our Saturn SL1 is really small, it is great not to have car payments. ;)

I know - a bit of a boring weekend but at least it is more laid back then most. Tomorrow though we plan to head to St. Augustine for the day without our dogs. They say it is a great place to head to on vacation but the thing that has me is that the St. Augustine Lighthouse was featured on Ghost Hunters and is supposed to be really haunted. That's why I am so psyched about it... that means more to me than any carriage ride in the sun! Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the weather holds out.

Stay tuned for more of our travel blog as we venture to Universal Studios and Island of Adventure later this week!

oldschoolbill says:
Good to hear you are having time. take the time to look at Anasatasia State Park, it is one of a kind
Posted on: Jan 22, 2008
Orlando Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
For a quick bite to eat in the Sanford area, you can't beat the Red Brick Pizza place. It has a great menu with all different types of pizza and salad… read entire review
Orlando General Tips & Advice review
When planning your fun in the Orlando area, don't forget your AAA card! We were able to purchase a 2-park, 1-day pass to Universal Studios/Island of A… read entire review
Orlando