Flight to Ecuador

Guayaquil Travel Blog

Hello All,
I kicked off the trip yesterday with a late morning flight from Milwaukee to Guayaquil, Ecuador.  I changed planes in Houston, and enjoyed one of those first class upgrades I get occasionally.  I tried hooking up my GPS to the laptop to see if I could get a signal along the way, but I didn't have any luck.

The plane got in at 12:25am, and I had one of the best foreign country arrivals in memory.  I got in one of six equal length lines for passport control, and then noticed that mine was the only one with two agents for one line.  Ten minutes later I was through the line, and I walked through the door into the luggage area.  I glanced at the monitor to find my flight's bags rotating in front of me.  Upon approaching the belt, my bag was the fifth one to pass by.  Total time...  one minute.  I threw my bags in the x-ray machine.  They passed through with no scrutiny, and I was on my way.  Out the door into the throng of waiting people, and there was my ride bearing a lovely sign with my misspelled name, ready to take me away.

It was about an eight minute drive to the hotel, and once there I was happy to find a comfy room with fully functional A/C, and about 70 channels on the cable.  There were a few mosquitos buzzing about, so I spent a few minutes trying to hunt them down.  I think I got them.

Tomorrow is the day to explore the waterfront and downtown in Guayaquil.  I will also look into what it's going to take to get me to the Galapagos.  I don't have my hopes up for cheap and good news.

Later, Phil