My trip to Florida, 15th-29th Decembre 2007

Orlando Travel Blog

j walking
Having never been to Florida i had no idea what to expect. However i did know that there was much fun to be had by going to the theme parks such as Epcot, MGM studios, The Magic Kingdom and so on.
These expectations were met, the theme parks where amazing with so much to do and so much going on you just dont know where to start. You idealy need two days to do some of the parks such as Epcot and Magic Kingdom beacause they are so big and busy but it depends what season you go in. From my title you can see i went at christmas time and from being told by the locals - this is one of the quieter seasons. The prices for the parks where a wee bit on the expensive side however it would be best for all to try and book the entry tickets in with your holiday booking and if you cannot do that try it with your hotel booking as many hotels offer this service that is well worth it.
shamu

My hotel - The International Plaza was lovely, the serive and the rooms were of a high standard and i could find nothing to fault. The hotel has on site a restraunt however I personally wouldnt recommend it as the menu never changes, the serive is very slow and the food well, its edable but just doesnt do much for the taste buds and is very very expensive. It seems that the restraunt is mainly kept open by the conventions held at the hotel. During my stay - a Cowboy Western convention was held were indviduals met, danced, sold cloths & shoes, music etc and told stories and made friends. Seemed like alot of fun & hotel guests are all welcome.
Not far from my hotel as well was Sea World - My favourite park, because im such a lover of animals/sea creatures.
tail
You can buy unlimited passes to sea world so that whenever you feel the need to go back and look at these beautiful animals you can. It also allows you a little bit of personal time as i was able to escape my boyfriends parents and brothers and was able to relax and do things at my pace and not feel stupid for spending 30min sitting on a bench watching the dolphins play and snapping the camera taking as many shots as possible :)

The weather was lovely, on the very first day there the sun was cracking the flags but there was a very strong and cold wind and locals where walking around bush gardens in gloves, hats, scarfs and thermals thats alittle tiny off putting, well for me as i was stud in flip flops a halterneck top and shorts!
It got to 83degrees which is hot hot for someone from the Uk used to rain rain and more rain.
dolphin pose
The weather was also unpredictable, it may look like to be a coldish day but two hours later when your stud in the park the sun is beating down on the bare sholders and your wishing you had brought the sun cream - lucky i always carry a mini bottle in my bag.

I have one silght issue with florida, the rules of the road. For instance - J:Walking? Id never heard of it till i was there and then the fact the lights are on red but cars can turn left confuse me so much. It resulted in that if we saw a cap in the traffic, we ran across the road.... I was told i could be arrested for that. Oops.

Shopping in florida is a must. I advise people to take very little as they have Walmart and many other shops that only charge $7 for a pair of jeans that in the uk we would pay £30 for.
baby lepord shark
Sizes are also quite similar to the Uk ones just that the sizes keep going past a 24 to a 30. And that skinny isnt all in over there and cloths that make you look sexy and smart dont just go up to a size 12, they go up to what ever size you would like. Which pleased me :)

The very highlight of my holiday was being able to swim and kiss a dolphin at Discovery cove, this is a conservation centre linked with Sea world. It is actually opposite sea world. It is expensive and prices are on the site however all meals are fully included in the price and its a once in a life time experiance. I was in heaven when i met Akai - my dolphin for half an hour that pulled me about the waters, splashing me and kissing me.
cute duck at bush gardens