Day Seven - Of Toy Stores and Wal*Mart

Tuxtla Gutierrez Travel Blog

Molletes at La Fiesta, the cafe of Fiest Inn.

So Monday started out like any other.  Wake up mid-morning and wait for evening to arrive.  Thank goodness I found TravBuddy - I've been really enjoying updating the blogs I've put on here so far.

Several of us decided to walk to Wal*Mart and get some supplies for the show.  On the way there we stumbled into a toy store and as my boss collects Jaguars, the order of the day was to discover which ones, if any, they had.  After buying three or four we went to a coffee shop and ordered two Cafe Americanos.  I hear they weren't that great.

We went on to Wal*Mart and since this would be the highlight of the day we took our time walking up and down most aisles.  There is a great food section and a very impressive bakery.  I've really never seen anything like this in the US.  After getting some batteries and debating on whether or not to get a digital clock for my room (I didn't get one, but none of the rooms in our hotel have clocks and it's strange how empty it seems without one), we headed back to the hotel for lunch.

Today for lunch I tried Molletes.  They consist of refried beans spread on slices of bread with cheese melted over the top.  Accompanying this is some fresh pico de gallo which I spread on top.  It's actually very tasty, though it would be better if the bread had been toasted a bit or something.  It was a bit too squishy.

We had a successful evening at work and came back to the hotel where I caught up on some more TV via my slingbox.

Molletes at La Fiesta, the cafe of…
Molletes at La Fiesta, the cafe o…
Tuxtla Gutierrez