Day Four - All the comforts of home

Tuxtla Gutierrez Travel Blog

Our resident iguanas

So we began our day a little later today.  We didn't leave the hotel until 9:30am.  I decided to skip breakfast entirely since we'd be having lunch a few hours later.  Or at least that was the plan.

We arrived at the convention center and were greeted by two locals.  A male and female iguana (at least I was told they were, I didn't check) were leisurely relaxing in the sun and weren't fond of having a pack of gringos invade their turf.

After rehearsals, we broke for lunch and I went on the first bus back to the hotel.  Since several on our team have taken ill with flu-like symptoms, we asked our driver to go to Wal-Mart before the hotel.  It took nearly 45 minutes to drive there because he went through town, instead of driving to the hotel and then around the corner where the Wal-Mart is.

He just wants to cuddle!
  I loathe Wal-Mart, but taking all my issues with them out of the picture, I have to say this was by far the nicest one I've even seen.  And there were pleasant people employed there.  Who knew that was  even possible?

We found most of the cold & flu remedies people wanted, and then headed to the hotel where some of us had lunch.  At 4pm we headed back to the convention center and all in all the first night of programs went well, other than losing our lights in the middle of the second program.  But, the program went on, as it must.

Dinner at the hotel afterwards was tasty and uneventful.  So far I've tried the enchiladas (both red and green) and a marinated chicken sandwich.  They've all been great.  Sadly, their fries are some of the best I've ever had!  I would really have to recommend this hotel for any tourists looking for a modern place to stay.  If you're looking for more rustic options, those abound.

Tuxtla Gutierrez