Melbourne Travel Blog

Today I met up with one of my sisters best friends from back home. Reine lives in Melbourne now and works as a nurse. Sje livew in the St. Kilda area, which is just fantastic. If I stayed, this would be the best for me. Surrounded by gorgeous beaches, people and loads of different little shops and boutiques. The cafes are pretty interesting too. They serve up loads of delicious foods in a way diff to home. Its a quiry little area. Seems to be the place where everyone knows everybody else. That's probably due to the fact that St. Kilda has a drinking culture of its own. I beter watch myself!

I walked around the area for a while to get my bearings and then headed for the beach to check it out. There is a lot of surfing, wind surfing and kite boarding going on. Just what I want. At some point, I will learn inside-out one of these. Its a year goal.

In the evening I met up with Reine and we went for a few drinks in the hostel bar. It was really good to catch up. She hasn't changed a bit to what I remember, apart from the random hair colour change.

I already feel settled here and i've only been here 3 days. A definite home choice if i came back to Oz.

photo by: jendara