South beach Day 2

Miami Travel Blog

The familia outside our hotel
Today, after all the drama with the hotel management had lifted, the kids (that includes me) got to go to the beach. The weather wasn't great but nice enough to take a dip in the Atlantic Ocean.

Afterward it was back to the path of remembrance, trying to find the AWESOME Italian restaurant we had found on our last visit. Since I'm such a great navigator I found it without getting too lost, but slightly ticking off my family in law, because they were hungry. They forgot all about the walk to Espaniola Way when we finally got our food.

We were lucky to get to the restaurant " Hosteria Romana" when we did, because one minute later it started pouring down rain. Sitting outside in the beautiful Espaniola Way was out of the question. I had the "Tortellini with peas and ham in cream sauce", hubby had "Mussels in wine sauce", sister in law "Chicken something" hahaha and the kids were enjoying their pasta as well. The endless bread basket and a couple of different dipping oils were refilled a couple of times before we got to the entree. I was pretty much full after the appetizers but Tortellini are my favorite and the way they prepare it and sprinkle fresh Parmesan on top I just couldn't stop myself. YUM!

Unfortunately there was no room for dessert, but they were out of Tiramisu anyways. K, I gotta stop here because I'm making myself hungry. *thinks about making Tiramisu later*

The rain had slowed down a little. The kids wanted to go take a nap so we loaded the familia into a cab and send them off to the hotel.
Hubby and I started walking towards the Convention center because we knew there was a nice little shopping area along Lincoln Rd. The rain and my old flip flops were not a good combination because I almost fell on my a$$ a couple of times. That was getting old pretty quickly so we stopped at a Starbucks and got us some coffee. Still no room for dessert even though I was graving something sweet. The coffee hit the spot though.

We went to some of the boutiques which are terribly overpriced and decided to go back to the hotel as well, to take a nap and prepare us for another night in the town. Which was not as crazy as the night before, since we were heading back to Indialantic the next day.
Miami