antartic peninsula

Antarctica Travel Blog

Some time ago i was reading a few travel brochures and in one of those there was a trip to Antartica.

it was already an idea to go to antartica in the future, but here was an opportunity  that i could not pass.

after a few months i was finaly on board the ms explorer. After 40 hours we reached elephant island,  our first stop af many. Here Is where we got to get a ride in the zodiacs for the first time.

also a little iceberg that was increddible blue.

we visited in the next 4 days many places an saw thousends of penguins, lots of seals but unfortunaly  no whales and orca's.  We where there in early december the weather was good about -5/6 celcius but the wind chil maid it feel a lot colder. Antartica is a beautifull place stunning views and seneries. they say that a picture says more than a thousend words so i let the pictures do the talking.

On the way back to ushaia i got a first hand of why the drake pasage is known for. A big storm was keeping me trying not to move to much, seasickness is not something that you want to get.

The MS Explorer sank on the 23rd of november 2007 in antaric waters.                                                                                                              Every body got out alive.

Biedjee says:
so *friggin'* jealous... When I was in Ushuaia I did have a small chance to go to Antarctica, but it would mean I'd had to wait three weeks (or come back) which wasn't much of an option.
Ah well... some day...
Posted on: Oct 25, 2008
AtlantaScottyV says:
Oh WOW! That's right! I complete forgot about that and didn't make the connection between the name here. I remember that happening on my birthday - stuck an iceberg. A good friend of mine was on that Greek cruise liner that stuck a reef off of Greece a year or so ago. Weird. Glad you weren't on board the MS Explorer on her last trip!
Posted on: Feb 12, 2008