Winchester Mystery House

San Jose Travel Blog

On the way south from San Francisco we stopped at the Winchester Mystery House.  We had wanted to do a tour because neither my wife nor I hade ever been there before but my wife had taken a jolt stepping off a curb when she had not seen it there and her back was very uncomfortable so she didn’t want to do the stairs.  We walked around the garden area and took a few pictures.  We also took a few minutes in the Firearms Museum.  Hopefully, someday we will get to go back a take the real tour.

Isabetlog says:
Wow, you can tour this now? I read about this house when I was a kid. Such a horrific history it has! But the layout - with rooms inside rooms and stairs leading to ceilings - have always piqued me :) Thanks for sharing and hope your wife recovers soon :)
Posted on: Jan 19, 2008
bkretzer says:
Hi Roger--I hope the wife is doing better. I so want to take this tour. I'm afraid it might have to wait until my 2nd SF trip, and the 1st isn't evne planned. I wanted to head north to Oregon on #1. Sounds like you all had a great time.

Posted on: Jan 16, 2008
Dolphintrekker says:
I hope that she's OK?!?!
Posted on: Jan 16, 2008
San Jose Sights & Attractions review
Sarah Winchester, widow of the famous inventor of the Winchester rifle, began the construction on this mansion in 1884 after visiting a medium who tol… read entire review
San Jose