San Francisco Meetup

San Francisco Travel Blog

Mark and Ekua

About 5:30 p.m. we walked from our motel over to the Jade Bar.  Being kinda early the only two that were already there were Mark and Ekua.  I had made up a couple of Name tags for them.  Ekua’s included “Hostess of the largest TB Meetup!” and Marks’ included “TravBuddy Meetup Ambassador for the World!”

Soon the Jade Bar’s lower level filled with many TravBuddies.  Ekua has told me that the capacity limit was 45 for the lower level, but we were definitely getting close by the time the party hit full swing, maybe even at times over it.

I’m sorry I didn’t get to meet and chat with everyone there, but it was fun talking with those that I did get to meet.

I counted 33 people in the big group picture that the bartender volunteered to take.  Several cameras were given to him and so he got to take several shots.  Unfortunately, my camera wasn't one of the ones he used to take the famous "everyone" shot.  I have only seen three or four of the shots.  A great shot with everyone smiling and only a very few stuck back where you couldn’t see who they were.

Mark sent around a signup sheet to try and get the attendance.  I have gone through the pictures from all of the blogs so far and comments made to one another members and I can account for 34 attendees, but according to Mark (travelman727) there were 41 people who signed or checked off their names on the sheet.  Please check his blog or the forum thread to make sure you are on the listing if you were there.  If you are not mentioned or know of someone I missed, please, let me or Mark know so that we can add the name to the listings.

I didn’t get a chance to meet and talk with all of the members who were there.  The night was just too short and the crowd was just too big.

sirenn9 says:
Awwww!! I didn't know about this, or I would have totally gone! It looks like fun! let me know if you guys ever get together again!
Posted on: Jan 15, 2008
jenn79 says:
Wow! This looks enormous!! Very sad I couldn't go, but you haven't seen the last of me, Roger! ;)
Posted on: Jan 15, 2008
sybil says:
what an amazing meet up!!!
Posted on: Jan 14, 2008
Mark and Ekua
Camera wars went on all evening. :)
Camera wars went on all evening. :)
On the walk home we got this nice …
On the walk home we got this nice…
San Francisco Nightlife & Entertainment review
This small three level bar is not much to see from the street. Very non-obtrusive. Done entirely in green colors it has used every inch of available … read entire review